CodoSoft NNTPd is a NNTP (v2) server / proxy intended for use at
home, in small/medium companies or working groups (< 500 users).
Free, easy to
install and administer, it nevertheless features advanced functionality :
- Runs as a
Windows service on all
platforms (32 &
- Implement a NNTP proxy (Can be set to anonymous) to exchange articles with external servers.
- Management interface with preview of articles,
- 100% multi-threaded,
- IP v4 / v6 and secure connections over SSL,
- Logs (Internal, windows event log, syslog and/or text file with
- Advanced access rights for reading and posting,
- Can limit the maximum number of connections on the server,
by IP or authenticated user,
- Can limit the size of articles, by default or newsgroups (using wildmat),
- Can limit the number of headers, the number of "Newsgroups"
and "Followup-To" and can take action on obsolete headers,
- Ability to accept or reject articles with attachments, depending on the newsgroups in which they are posted,
- Support for moderated and invisible newsgroups,
- Auto-prevention against double posts,
- And more ...
The management GUI (Console)
is provided as
FREEWARE, whether for private or commercial use.
However, to help
develop the software or to show your support, you are free to donate.
Date : June 21, 2017